Saturday, May 9, 2009

What a day

Yesterday I decided that Jon needs to quite the Army, come home and never be deployed again. Since that is not going to happen I did the next best thing and hung out with a bunch of friends all day long.
I was practicing softball with a neighbor friend Kate yesterday for a few hours. We found a nice open area behind our housing area (not in the bear invested woods - just near it) and hit the ball and threw around for awhile.
Ashley and the Lewis clan came out a little later and we had a quesadilla night and then went out for some more softball. Walking to the field we picked up a few more kids so it was adults 4 kids 6. We all took turns playing the field and hitting with moderated base running (those who wanted to could:) )
Never tell Ashley to just let loose - swing your heart out because by the end she will! I hit Tina in the leg and Ashley hit me in the chest/hand with a hard hit ball. Needless to say I now have a softball tattoo - can't wait until that is gone.
Then we came back to my house and had my version of Applebee's cookie dessert. Gloria, Will, Judith, Dory and her clan joined us for this. It was so fun . We had ice cream, cookies, brown bites, fudge sauce, magic shell and cool whip and everyone made their own.
With so many people to hang out with the day flew and today I will allow Jon to stay in the Army.

1 comment:

Bert Burt said...

Ashley
Glad to hear Jon will be allowed to stay in the Army; also, I was glad to hear you found a great way to fill your free time. Remember to use your glove for those hard hit balls. Cookie dessert sounds like an excellent choice for eating while hanging out with friends. Hope all goes well at Children’s Church tomorrow.