Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Ready for summer

With summer right around the corner and swimwear on sale at Babies R Us I had to get Molly her first swimsuit. There were a bunch of cute ones to choose from but this was my favorite - she looks so cute in it. It is a little big but I know she will grow into it - and there is no pink in it!!
Here she is practicing the backstroke on the carpet - what out Michael Phelps next Olympics you will have to outswim Molly McP!
Molly and I have had a week to adjust with no family and praise the Lord she likes the swing. Gone are the days of grandparents here to hold Molly - we have had at least one grandparent with us every day for the first 7 weeks of her life - I don't know who was more sad for those days to end Molly or me. She can sit in the swing for hours which is nice but there are times I must admit that I get her out just so I can hold her. If you would have told me a few years ago that I would enjoy a baby as much as I am I would have laughed at you - and then told you how wrong you were. I remember the days were Stephanie and I were bartering how we would raise kids - if she would take them for the first year or so I would take them the second year. Well Stephanie will not get Molly for one year that is for sure - I love getting to hang out with her and just watch her - she makes some of the funniest faces and is the coolest baby ever!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

She is pretty cool. Glad you are enjoying motherhood!

Tressa said...

Oh my goodness, I just wanna eat her up! She is so adorable! Just wanna book a flight up there! Love you guys!!

Natalie Ward said...

I really love this update:). I hate to hear that family is gone, I know it must be hard. You are a Great Mom!!

Tara said...

Love the swimsuit!! I aggree with Nat, one of my favorite post and you are an stinkin' awesome mom!! And Molly, she has the best name ever and is extremely cute!!

Stephanie said...

And Ash, Abby's so much more fun now than she was her first year, so you can't have her either!! I guess it's a good thing we both like our kids a lot....

You're doing an awesome job with Molly. And I'm so glad we're mommies together now!