Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Movies and burp clothes


Jon and I at Bear's Tooth (not the greatest picture but the only one we have). This is a restaurant that owns a movie theatre where they cleared out every other row of seats so you can eat as a family and in the back they created 2 and 4 person booths. Since this was our first time and we didn't fully understand the seating I made Jon pay the extra so we could have a booth. Next time we will pay $3 for the movie and then you order food at the concession stand and they deliver it to your seat. We had a Brewhouse Pizza - it was pretty good, the movie however was a tad painful. This week is Mama Mia - while I enjoy musicals this one was a little rough even for me - I gave Jon a few sympathetic smiles - he only had one bad comment during the entire time and that had to do with me making him pay extra so we could have a booth instead of just a regular seat.
Here is my first attempt at a burp cloth - not so bad! The onesie was big disaster however - I tried to sew an M in the chest but instead I created a big whole so then I had to sew a circle and just frey the edges. Luckily I am not a perfectionist and since I am sure Molly will only be wearing this as an undergarment who cares if the big black and red circle doesn't always match all her outfits!
Next week - SHOES for Molly!! I am excited to try and sew these I will let you know how they turn out.

When you all come and visit Alaska we will be sure to take you to Bear's Tooth!!

3 comments:

the sealey family said...

hey! those burp cloths look so familiar!!!

Beth Pritchard said...

I have been wanting to try the Bear's Tooth. Do you think babies are ok in there (will they bother people or does everyone understand)? Maybe we'll have to go together during the deployment.

Carrie said...

Ashley,
I saw this and had to give you the link. It is cute! It has pink on it. He he he. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vl_other_1&listing_id=12464336